Page Holders are Better than Book Marks
As a new blogger I need to study and learn about all the different social media platforms, search engine optimization, WordPress html coding and the list continues.
I use stickies to mark pages with scribbled topic notes, and alligator clips to hold pages together. It was functioning sort of, but certainly Not pretty.
How to Make Your Own Page Holders
Using some ribbon, lace and my sewing machine I designed these little corner page holders. They work better than the alligator clips do because you can stick them inside the book as a book marker if you like. They certainly are prettier and will fall off before they rip the pages.
You will need ribbon, lace, a sewing machine or hot glue.
To make your own. Take the width of your ribbon, multiple by 2 and add 1 inch for seams.
Decide what size you want, 1 1/2 inch ribbon works if you want small holders to hold your place in a pocket book. To make these ones in the post I used 2 1/2 inch ribbon. The wider the ribbon the bigger the book mark and I needed them large enough for text book or binders.
1. As my ribbon was 2 1/2 inches wide, I cut the ribbon into 6 inch lengths.
2. Sew or glue the lace to the bottom edge.
3. Make a seam at each end, fold over 1/4 inch, then 1/4 inch again. Crease with an iron and stitch or glue.
4. Fold the ribbon so the good sides are facing together and seam (or glue) the edge across from the lace.
5. Pull the center point to meet the lace forming the triangle and press the tiny seam.
6. Turn inside out and press. Repeat for as many book markers as you like.
I really like how these turned out. I like working with pink and lace. It makes studying feel special.
To use them you just pop them on the corner of the book.
The best part of these corner page holders is they let you hold on to a section instead of just marking a page. I find them especially nice when I am needing to refer to one chapter or another.
And as a final thought. All things are better with pink.
Do you think these page holders will be better than a book mark? Let me know your thoughts.